If you’re in the market for a new TV, you might wonder: Smart TV vs Android TV in Kenya – what’s the difference?
Well, lucky for you, we’ve done our research and have the answer for you!
But don’t worry, it’s not as serious as you might think – we’re here to break it down in a funny, easy-to-understand way.
So grab your popcorn, sit back and get ready to learn the difference between Smart TV and Android TV in Kenya!
What is The Difference Between Smart TV and Android TV in Kenya?
What is the difference between Smart TV and Android TV in Kenya?
With the steady rise of technology, televisions have become smarter and more advanced, and the lines between different types of TVs can be a bit blurry.
Whether you’re looking to purchase a new TV or just curious about the difference, read on to learn more about Smart TVs and Android TVs in Kenya.
Why is Research Necessary?
Doing your research before buying a new television is essential to ensure you get the most for your money.
Smart and Android TV in Kenya differ in cost, features, user interface, and more. Knowing the differences between the two will help you make an informed decision.
Smart TV: Definition
Smart TVs are TVs that are connected to the internet, allowing users to access streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube.
Moreover, smart TVs in Kenya also come with apps that provide access to a variety of content such as news, sports, and more.
- Smart TVs offer a variety of apps and streaming services that allow you to easily access your favorite movies, shows, and games.
- They come with voice commands so you can search for content quickly and conveniently.
- You can connect your smart TV to other devices, such as laptops or tablets, to stream content from those devices.
- They are compatible with smart home products like Alexa or Google Home, allowing even more control and convenience when using the TV.
- With automatic updates, your smart TV will always be up-to-date with the latest features and software.
- Smart TVs often require an internet connection which can be costly depending on your provider or data plan.
- Many smart TVs are vulnerable to hacking which could lead to privacy issues or security breaches of your personal information.
- As technology continuously advances, some features or apps may become obsolete, making them unusable.
- Smart TVs can be more expensive than regular models and may not offer the same picture quality or sound level as their non-smart counterparts.
- Smart TVs may be difficult to set up and require a lot of effort if you want to customize the settings or features available on your device.
Android TV in Kenya: Definition
Android TVs are TVs that run on the Android operating system.
Unlike smart TVs, these TVs have access to the Google Play Store (in built), allowing users to download apps and access streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube.
- Android TV has hundreds of apps that provide endless amounts of entertainment options.
- The operating system is easy to use and navigate, thanks to its voice-controlled search feature.
- It also provides access to streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video.
- You can also cast content from your phone or tablet straight onto the TV screen.
- Android TV gives users a great overall viewing experience with its smooth performance and sharp picture quality.
- Android TV can be slow due to its complicated interface and heavy animations, which can be annoying while navigating menus or apps.
- Some popular streaming services, such as HBO GO, are not available on the platform yet, so content options are limited compared to other systems.
- The app selection on Android TV is relatively small compared with other platforms like AppleTV or Roku.
- The remote control for Android TV can be confusing and unintuitive, making it difficult to navigate menus or find content quickly.
- It is sometimes hard to find support documentation and customer service if you run into any issues with the platform since there are few online resources.
Smart TV vs Android TV in Kenya: Comparison
Smart TVs in Kenya come in a variety of sizes and prices, ranging from low-end models that start at around KES 20,000 to high-end models costing upwards of KES 100,000.
On the flip side, android TVs in Kenya are generally more expensive than their smart counterparts; the cheapest model starts at about 25K, while mid-range android TVs cost up to 75k depending on size and features.
High-end versions can go as high as 110K or even higher for premium options with extra advanced features like OLED displays etc.
Smart TVs and Android TVs in Kenya can have many similar features, such as the ability to connect to the internet, streaming capabilities, and access to various apps and services.
However, there are some key differences between the two types of TVs.
Smart TVs typically have built-in software and interfaces that allow users to access online content and services, such as streaming platforms, without needing external devices.
Some Smart TVs in Kenya also have access to a selection of pre-installed apps, such as popular streaming services or social media platforms.
On the other hand, Android TVs use the Android operating system, the same system used by many smartphones and tablets.
This allows users to access a wider range of apps and services through the Google Play Store and customize their TV’s interface and experience with different apps and features.
Additionally, some Android TVs may have access to Google Assistant, which allows users to control their TV and other smart home devices using voice commands.
Overall, the main difference between Smart TVs and Android TVs in Kenya is the operating system and the level of customization and access to apps and services.
- Smart TVs may have a more limited selection of built-in features and apps, while Android TVs offer a wider range of options and the ability to customize the user experience.
c). User Interface
The user interface, or UI, refers to how a device or system presents information and options to the user and how the user can interact with and control the device.
Smart and Android TV in Kenya typically have user-friendly interfaces that allow users to easily navigate and access various content and features.
Smart TVs in most cases come with a built-in interface that is designed and optimized for use on a television.
This interface may include a main menu or home screen with options for accessing different apps, services, and settings and a remote control for navigation.
The specific design and layout of the interface can vary depending on the brand and model of the TV.
On the other hand, Android TVs use the Android operating system, which is designed for use on a wide range of devices, including smartphones, tablets, and TVs.
As a result, Android TVs can have a more customizable and flexible user interface, with the ability to download and use a wide range of different apps and features.
The specific design and layout of the interface may also be customizable to some extent, allowing users to personalize their TV interface to their preferences.
- Overall, the user interface of a Smart TV may be more focused and streamlined, while the user interface of an Android TV may offer more options and customization.
Compatibility refers to the ability of a device or system to work with other devices or systems.
Both of these versions can be compatible with a wide range of devices and services, but there may be some differences in terms of compatibility depending on the specific brand and model of the TV.
Smart TVs are typically designed to work with a wide range of devices and services, including streaming platforms, gaming consoles, and other devices that use HDMI or other types of connections.
However, the specific compatibility of a Smart TV in Kenya can vary depending on the brand and model, and it is always best to check the manufacturer’s specifications to determine which devices and services are supported.
As you can guess, Android TVs use the Android operating system, which is widely used on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
As a result, Android TVs in Kenya may have better compatibility with other devices and services that use the Android operating system, such as smartphones, tablets, and other devices that can run Android apps.
At the same time, an Android TV may have access to the Google Play Store, which offers a wide range of apps and services that are compatible with Android devices.
- Both Smart and Android TVs in Kenya can be compatible with a wide range of devices and services, but Android TVs may have slightly better compatibility with other Android devices and services.
What is the difference between a smart TV and Android TV in Kenya?
Well, smart TVs are connected to the internet, allowing users to access streaming services and other content.
Android TVs run on the Android operating system and have access to the Google Play Store, allowing users to download apps and access streaming services.
Android TVs are typically more expensive than Smart TVs, and their user interface is usually more user-friendly.
Smart TV vs Android TV in Kenya: Which One Should You Pick?
The decision of whether to choose a Smart TV or an Android TV ultimately depends on your personal preferences and needs. Both types of TVs can offer similar features and capabilities, such as the ability to connect to the internet, access to streaming services, and access to various apps and services.
If you are looking for a TV that offers a streamlined and easy-to-use interface focused on accessing online content and services, a Smart TV may be a good option.
Smart TVs typically have built-in software and interfaces that allow users to easily access a selection of popular apps and services without needing external devices.
On the other hand, an Android TV may be a better option if you are looking for a TV that offers more customization and flexibility. Android TVs use the Android operating system, which allows users to access a wider range of apps and services through the Google Play Store and customize their TV’s interface and experience with different apps and features.
Overall, the best choice between a Smart and Android TV will depend on your preferences and needs. It is always a good idea to research and compare different options before making a purchase to ensure that you get the features and capabilities you need.