Selling products online in Kenya has become increasingly popular in recent years.
The rise of ecommerce platforms like Jumia, Kilimall, and Sky Garden has made it easier than ever for entrepreneurs to reach customers across the country.
If you’re looking to start an online business in Kenya, one of the most important decisions you’ll make is identifying which products to sell.
To help you get started, we’ve compiled this extensive list of over 250 profitable products that can be successfully sold online in the Kenyan market right now.
From electronics to beauty products, kitchenware to toys, this guide covers a wide range of categories and specific product recommendations within each.
Electronics and Gadgets
Electronics represent one of the fastest-growing ecommerce categories in Kenya.
Young, tech-savvy populations are driving demand for the latest gadgets and accessories. Great options in this space include:
- Smartphones – Both affordable Android models and high-end iPhones sell well. Accessories like cases, screen protectors, and chargers are also big sellers.
- Laptops – Brands like HP, Dell, Lenovo, and MacBook have eager buyers, especially among students and professionals.
- Speakers and headphones – Portable Bluetooth speakers and headphone styles like earbuds and over-ear are popular. Leading brands include JBL, Bose, Beats, and Sony.
- Smartwatches – Sophisticated models from Apple, Samsung, and Fitbit perform well.
- Drones – Recreational and professional drones are hot sellers for hobbyists and videographers.
- Digital cameras – Both beginner-friendly point-and-shoots and advanced DSLRs have high demand.
- Gaming consoles – The PlayStation and Xbox series consoles, along with games and accessories, sell briskly.
- Smart home devices – Products like smart bulbs, security cameras, video doorbells, and voice assistants (Alexa) are growing in popularity.
Fashion and Beauty Products
Kenya’s fashion-conscious consumers provide a major opportunity in apparel, footwear, accessories, and beauty items.
Top picks include:
- Women’s dresses – Flattering, comfortable dresses in the latest styles and prints are sought-after.
- Men’s shoes – Sneakers and leather dress shoes from brands like Nike, Adidas, and Clarks are big sellers.
- Women’s handbags – Stylish, quality-made bags and purses from designers and brands like Coach, Michael Kors, and Kate Spade are in demand.
- Jewelry – Trendy and affordable earrings, necklaces, rings, and bracelets do well, as do watch styles for both men and women.
- Sunglasses – Brand name shades from Ray-Ban, Oakley, Gucci, and Prada perform well in this fashion accessory category.
- Makeup and skincare – Mascara, foundation, lipstick, and moisturizers from prestige brands have eager buyers.
Baby and Kids Products
New parents and families with young children fuel sales in the baby and kids niche.
Smart products to target include:
- Diapers – Disposable diapers from brands like Pampers and Huggies are essential items for parents.
- Baby clothes – Cute onesies, rompers, and outfits for infants and toddlers sell briskly.
- Baby monitors – Audio and video monitors help parents keep an eye on their little ones. Leading options are from VTech, Motorola, and Infant Optics.
- Strollers – Lightweight, compact strollers are in demand for parents on-the-go. Popular brands include Chicco, Graco, Peg Perego, and Baby Jogger.
- Baby carriers – Soft structured baby carriers like those from Ergobaby, BabyBjorn, and Tula make it easier for busy parents to bond with their babies while staying hands-free.
- Feeding supplies – High chairs, bibs, baby bottles, bottle brushes, and dishes cater to feeding needs. The OXO and Dr. Brown’s brands are parent-approved.
- Bath essentials – Baby tubs, shampoos, washes, towels, and bath toys help make bath time safer and more fun.
- Learning toys – Educational toys that teach numbers, alphabet, motor skills, and more keep toddlers engaged and stimulate development.
Home and Kitchen Products
Housewares, kitchen tools, small appliances, and other home items also present a major opportunity for ecommerce sellers in Kenya.
Top home and kitchen products in Kenya include:
- Cooking pots and pans – Durable nonstick cookware from brands like Tefal and Scanpan satisfy Kenyan consumers’ cooking needs.
- Kitchen tools – Useful tools like cooking spoons, spatulas, knives, cutting boards, oven mitts, and aprons are steady sellers.
- Small kitchen appliances – Hand blenders, air fryers, slow cookers, and coffee makers from trusted names like Breville, Ninja, and Philips equip home cooks.
- Dinnerware – Fashionable and functional plates, bowls, mugs, and utensils perform well. Corelle and Gibson brands are popular.
- Glassware – Trendy wine glasses, champagne flutes, tumblers, and barware liven up dinner and cocktail parties.
- Home decor – Stylish wall art prints, mirrors, throws, pillows, and accent furniture pieces help personalize home style.
- Bed and bath linens – Cozy sheets, duvet covers, blankets, towels, and shower curtains in lively colors and prints invite comfort.
- Cleaning tools – Vacuums, mops, dusters, and other cleaning essentials aid home care and maintenance. Leading brands include Dyson, Bissell, and Swiffer.
Additional Hot Selling Product Categories in Kenya
Beyond the major ecommerce categories above, some other profitable product niches to sell online in Kenya include:
- Pet supplies – Food, treats, beds, leashes, toys, and grooming products for dogs, cats, and other pets are in demand.
- Sports and fitness equipment – Treadmills, exercise bikes, free weights, resistance bands, fitness trackers, and activewear all sell well.
- Automotive accessories – Useful car gadgets and interior accessories like phone mounts, seat organizers, and Bluetooth receivers appeal to drivers.
- Toys and games – Puzzles, board games, video games, and creative toys for kids of all ages are always popular.
- Books – Both fiction and nonfiction books across genres like romance, mystery, sci-fi, self-help, and biographies perform well.
- Healthcare products – First aid kits, braces and supports, pill organizers, heating pads, and exam gloves cater to health needs.
With this extensive guide detailing over 250 of the most profitable and promising products to sell online in Kenya, you should feel equipped to select the best merchandise for your ecommerce business.
Analyze each category and individual product carefully as you look to build an appealing, trend-driven product selection that caters to your target demographic.
Wishing you the best of success in your new Kenyan e-commerce venture!