The Huawei smartphone is now one of the most popular phones in Kenya and has been used by many Kenyans. It provides better features than other china brand smartphones like Lenovo, Tecno, etc.
And that explains why it is a perfect choice for users who wish to buy an affordable phone with good performance.
Huawei phones are available at very reasonable prices which can be afforded easily by people from all walks of life in Kenya.
About Huawei Brand
Huawei is a China based smartphone manufacturer. It was established in 1987 and has its headquarters in Shenzhen, China.
In fact, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd is the world’s largest telecom equipment maker by revenue.
As of 2012, it ranked as the number 3 global mobile phone brand after Samsung & Apple Inc.
By 2013 they have become one of the leading Smartphone brands globally with a 10% market share which makes them only second to Samsung according to the International Data Corporation (IDC) and Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker Report Q4 2016.
The company sells smartphones under two sub-brands:
- Honor for mid-range phones aimed at younger consumers; and
- Ascend for their flagship models such as Mate S, P8 Lite, etc…
That said, here are the best Huawei phones in Kenya:
10. Huawei Y9 Prime
The Huawei Y9 Prime (2019) is a mid-range smartphone from the Chinese manufacturer launched in May 2019. The phone features an all-display front with no bezels and uses a popup camera that allows for a full view display while giving extra space on your device’s screen to enjoy more of what you love!
Huawei Y9 Prime in Kenya runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) with Huawei’s EMUI skin placed on top and is powered by an Octa-core Kirin 710 chipset coupled with 4/6GB RAM options and 64/128 GB internal storage expandable via a microSD card up to 512 GB.
The phone sports a triple rear camera setup comprising of a 16 MP main sensor with an f/1.8 aperture, a 2MP depth sensor, and an 8 MP ultra-wide angle lens.
On the front, there is one lone motorized pop-up selfie shooter that houses a 16-megapixel AI beauty-enhanced snapper with an f/2.0 aperture.
Other key features include; GPU Turbo, 4000 mAh battery capacity, reverse charging capability via USB Type-C port, and fingerprint scanning on both sides of the phone among others…
Available color options are midnight black & sapphire blue while it has been priced at Kshs 21000 in Kenya ($200) for the 4GB+128 GB option.
Why Y9 Prime is among the best Huawei phones in Kenya
- The Huawei Y9 Prime has a 4000mAh battery which can last all day long.
- The 6.59 inch TFT LCD is perfect for watching movies or playing games.
- With 4GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, there is plenty of space for your files.
- The rear camera has a 16MP resolution 8MP 2MP triple camera setup. Perfect for capturing memories.
- The Kirin 710F octa-core chipset ensures a smooth user experience.
- The fingerprint scanner is located on the back of the phone and can be used to unlock the device or authorize payments.
9). Huawei Nova Y70
The Huawei Nova Y70 is a mid-range smartphone from the Chinese manufacturer launched in May 2022.
Its main highlight features include; a waterdrop notch display, triple rear camera setup, and large battery capacity among other features.
Under the hood, it packs an Octa-core Exynos 850 chipset coupled with 4GB RAM size and 64/128 GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD card slot support up to 512 gigs.
In terms of the camera department, the phone sports a triple rear shooter lens combo comprising of a 48 MP primary sensor + 5MP ultra wide-angle snapper and 2 megapixels depth sensor for portrait mode.
And on the front, there is one lone 8-megapixel selfie shooter that sits inside U shaped small cutout placed at the top left corner.
Other key specs include:
- Fingerprint scanning (side-mounted)
- 6000 mAh battery capacity running
- EMUI user interface skin besides USB type C port.
It has been priced at Ksh 24,999 in Kenya as per a recent online store listing..color options are Crystal Blue, Midnight Black, and Pearl White.
Why Nova Y70 is among the top Huawei Phones in Kenya?
- Huawei Nova Y70 is a phone that comes with an HD display and a resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels.
- The phone also has a rear camera of 48MP and 5MP, as well as a front-facing camera of 2MP.
- It also has a battery capacity of 6000mAh, which makes it last for a long time. Additionally, the phone comes with 128GB ROM and 4GB RAM.
- Lastly, it does not have Google Play Store Services, but it does have Fast charging 22.5W.
8). Huawei P20 Lite
Huawei P20 Lite price in Kenya is around Ksh 15,999. The Huawei Phone runs on Android 8 Oreo and has a 5.84-inch screen display with 1080 X 2280 pixels resolution.
It uses Hisilicon Kirin 659 chipset, an Octa-core processor having a speed of 2 GHz and 3GB RAM (with an option of 4GB RAM) for a smooth multitasking experience.
As far as cameras are concerned this phone sports a Dual rear camera 16MP +2 MP and a front selfie shooter with 20 megapixels AI-enabled so you can take great pictures even in low light conditions thanks to an f/1.8 aperture lens.
Other key specs include:
- Dual sim support (nano)
- Fingerprint sensor(rear-mounted)
- Face unlock feature
- 3G/4G connectivity option available out of the box
Huawei P20 Lite in Kenya comes with 32 GB internal storage (64 and 128 GB options) expandable up to 256 GB via a micro sd card slot provided behind the battery compartment.
Talking of the battery, Huawei P20 Lite has a non-removable 3000mAh unit juicing up your device easily through a day’s heavy usage.
Not to forget the Fast charging 18W technology that allows 0% to 100 % charging within 1 hour 30 min only using the standard charger included inside the retail package!
Huawei P20 Lite price in Kenya is around Ksh 15,999.
Why is it the best Huawei phone under 20K in Kenya?
- Huawei’s P20 Lite is a mid-range phone that offers many features and advantages over other phones in its class.
- It has a Kirin 659 chipset, meaning it is able to handle even the most strenuous tasks with ease.
- The 16MP dual camera ensures beautiful photos every time, while the fingerprint scanner on the back makes unlocking your phone easy and convenient.
- Additionally, the Li-Po 3000 mAh battery provides plenty of power and can be charged quickly using Huawei’s Fast charging 18W technology.
- Finally, the 5.8″ screen is perfect for watching movies or playing games on the go.
7). Huawei nova Y60
The Huawei nova Y60 is another one of the best Huawei phones in Kenya, for anyone looking for a mid-range device that doesn’t skimp on features. It has a large 6.6-inch display, a powerful processor, and a large battery. It also has a good rear camera and a fast charging speed.
The phone is very lightweight (coming at 185 g) and has a sleek design. It is available in Midnight Black and Crush Green. The display is bright and clear. It has a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels and an aspect ratio of 120:9.
Nova Y60 is powered by a Mediatek Helio P35 (12nm) processor and has 4GB of RAM. It comes with 64GB of storage and has a microSD card slot for expandable storage.
The phone has a large5,000mAh battery and has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Unfortunately, Huawei nova Y60 doesn’t support fast charging.
The camera is one of the best features of the Huawei nova Y60. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with an f/1.8 aperture. 5 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide), and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. The camera takes great photos in both low light and bright light. It also has a night mode for taking better photos in low light. The front camera is an 8-megapixel camera with an f/2.0 aperture with HDR capabilities.
The phone runs on Android 10, EMUI 11, and no Google Play Services.
Huawei nova Y60 price in Kenya is KSh 23,500.
Why Nova Y60 is among the best Huawei phones in Kenya?
- The Huawei nova Y60 is a great phone for gaming.
- It has a GPU PowerVR GE8320, 6.6 inch IPS LCD, and 64GB 4GB RAM. This gives you plenty of space to store your games and the power to run them smoothly.
- The phone also has bluetooth 5.1 and a Fingerprint (side-mounted) sensor. This makes it easy to connect to other devices and keep your information secure.
- The Li-Po 5000 mAh battery will also last you for hours of gaming.
- And finally, the 266 ppi density ensures that you won’t miss any detail in your games.
6). Huawei P30 Pro in Kenya
Released on 2019, March 26, the Huawei P30 Pro is one of the best Huawei phones. It has a 6.47-inch display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. The phone is powered by a Kirin 980 processor and has 8 GB of RAM. The phone has a triple rear camera setup and a front-facing camera. It is available in 128 GB and 256 GB storage options.
With an Android 9.0 (Pie) OS, the Huawei P30 Pro has a 4200 mAh battery. The phone supports fast charging and wireless charging. It is available in Aurora, Black, Breathing Crystal, and Pearl White colors.
Huawei P30 Pro price in Kenya is from Ksh 60,000.
Why it is the best high-end Huawei phone in Kenya
- The Huawei P30 Pro is a phone that many people are curious about. It has a lot of features that make it stand out from other phones.
- For example, it has 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. This makes it a great phone for gaming and for storing a lot of files.
- It also has a 40MP camera and a 32MP front-facing camera. This makes it great for taking pictures and for video chatting.
- Plus, the IP68 rating means that it is water resistant and can be submerged in water up to 1.5 meters deep for up to 30 minutes.
- Finally, the 15W wireless charging feature makes it easy to charge the phone without having to use any cords.
5). Huawei Mate 10 Lite
The Huawei Mate 10 Lite is a great phone for anyone looking for a powerful and feature-packed device without breaking the bank.
It comes with a Kirin 659 processor, 4 GB of RAM, and 64 GB of storage, making it a great option for anyone looking for a budget-friendly phone that doesn’t sacrifice performance.
The Mate 10 Lite also has a large 5.9-inch display, making it great for media consumption and gaming. And if you’re looking for a phone with good battery life, the Mate 10 Lite will not disappoint, as it comes with a 3,340 mAh battery.
Huawei Mate 10 Lite’s price in Kenya is Ksh 15,999.
Why Mate 10 Lite is among the best Huawei phones in Kenya?
- The Huawei Mate 10 Lite is a great phone because it has a 76.5 screen-to-body ratio which makes the phone look very sleek and modern.
- Gorilla Glass 4 is also a great feature because it makes the phone very durable and scratch resistant.
- Another great advantage of this phone is that it has 4GB of RAM which makes it run very smoothly.
- The 16MP main camera is also very good quality and takes beautiful pictures.
- Lastly, the 64GB of inbuilt storage is a lot of space and can be upgraded up to 256GB if needed.
4). Huawei P30 Lite
Huawei P30 Lite was released on March 27, 2019, and is currently one of the best Huawei phones available.
It has a 6.15-inch display with a resolution of 1080×2312, a Kirin 710 processor, 6GB of RAM, and 128GB of storage. It has a triple rear camera setup with a 24MP main sensor, an 8MP secondary sensor, and a 2MP tertiary sensor. It also has a 32MP front-facing camera.
Huawei P30 Lite price in Kenya is KSh 19,699.
Why Huawei P30 Lite is among the best Huawei phones in Kenya?
- The Huawei P30 Lite is a great phone because it has a 48MP camera and 6GB RAM. This means that the phone can take great pictures and run lots of apps at the same time.
- And the 128GB ROM also means that you can store lots of photos and videos on the phone.
- The Li-Po 3340 mAh battery means that the phone will last a long time before needing to be charged.
- Its Octa-core processor ensures that the phone will run quickly and smoothly.
- Finally, the 84.2 screen-to-body ratio gives you a lot of screen real estate to work with.
3). HUAWEI Y9a
Huawei Y9a is a high-end smartphone released by Huawei. It is powered by a Mediatek Helio G80 chipset and 6GB of RAM.
The phone has a 6.63 inches display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It comes with 128GB of internal storage and supports a MicroSD card.
As for the camera, the main camera is 64 MP and the front camera is 16 MP.
Huawei Y9a in Kenya is powered by a 4200 mAh (or 4300 mAh) battery.
This phone also comes with a fingerprint sensor.
That said, the Huawei Y9a in Kenya is a great phone for those who are looking for a high-end smartphone with a lot of features.
Why Y9a is the among the best Huawei phones in Kenya?
- Huawei’s Y9a is a great phone for those who want a fast phone with a lot of storage.
- The phone has 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, which is great for those who want to store a lot of pictures or videos.
- The phone also has a quad camera set up, which is great for photography lovers. The camera has a resolution of 64MP, so pictures will come out clear and detailed.
- Another great feature of this phone is the fast charging. With just 22.5W of power, the phone can be charged up to 50% in 30 minutes.
- And finally, the phone runs on Android 10 and Huawei’s EMUI 10.1, which are both very up-to-date operating systems. This means that the user will have access to all the latest features and apps.
2). Huawei nova 9
This is another one of the latest Huawei phones in Kenya.
One of the most interesting things about the Huawei nova 9 in Kenya is its design. The phone’s back is made of glass, with a metal frame around the sides. The front of the phone has a 6.57 inches OLED display with a waterdrop notch.
And it is available in three colors: Starry Blue, Black, Green, and Violet.
The Huawei nova 9 is powered by a Qualcomm SM7325 Snapdragon 778G 4G (6 nm) processor and has 8GB of RAM. This Huawei phone in Kenya has 128GB of storage (with an option of 256GB), which can be expanded via microSD.
It is powered by a 4,300mAh battery and supports fast charging.
How about the camera?
The Huawei nova 9 has four cameras: a 50-megapixel main camera, an 8-megapixel ultrawide camera, a 2-megapixel macro camera, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor.
And the phone can record 4K video at 30fps.
The Huawei nova 9 runs Huawei’s EMUI 12 skin. The phone has a fingerprint sensor on the back and supports facial recognition.
Why Nova 9 is among the best Huawei phones in Kenya?
- Huawei’s Nova 9 is a high-end phone in Kenya that offers impressive features for its price.
- It has a large 6.57″ AMOLED display with full HD+ resolution and 1B colors. The phone also boasts 8GB of RAM and a 4K video camera that can capture footage at 30fps.
- It also supports fast charging 66W, which can juice up the phone’s battery to 60% in 18 minutes or 100% in 38 minutes.
- Additionally, the Nova 9 has a fingerprint scanner under the display, and supports reverse charging, meaning it can act as a power bank for other devices.
- Overall, the Huawei Nova 9 is an excellent phone that offers great features and value for its price.
1). Huawei P50 Pro: Best Huawei Phone in Kenya
The Huawei P50 Pro is a high-end smartphone that was released in mid-2021. It is the successor to the Huawei P40 Pro, and it features a number of upgrades and improvements over its predecessor.
One of the most notable changes is the addition of a quad rear camera setup, which includes a 50MP main sensor, a 40MP ultrawide sensor, a 12MP telephoto sensor, and a 3D ToF sensor. This gives the P50 Pro some of the best camera capabilities on any Huawei smartphone in Kenya.
The P50 Pro is also powered by Huawei’s latest flagship processor, the Kirin 9000, and it comes with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. It has a 6.6-inch OLED display with a resolution of 1080×2340, and it runs on Android 10 with Huawei’s EMUI 12 skin.
The Huawei P50 Pro is a great smartphone for anyone looking for a powerful and feature-packed device. It has one of the best camera setups available on a smartphone, and it’s also very fast and capable.
If you are looking for high-end Huawei phones in Kenya, the Huawei P50 Pro should definitely be on your radar.
Why P50 Pro is among the best Huawei phones in Kenya?
- The Huawei P50 Pro is a great phone because it is IP68 dust and water-resistant. This means that it can be submerged in water up to 2 meters for 30 minutes without any damage.
- It also has a 6.6″ display with a resolution of 1228 x 2700 pixels, making it perfect for watching videos or playing games.
- Plus, the phone supports fast wireless charging 50W, so you can quickly charge your device without having to plug it in.