Here are the steps on how to report a con to Safaricom:
- Call Safaricom’s customer care hotline. You can call 100 for free if you are a prepaid customer, or 200 for free if you are a postpaid customer. If you are calling from outside Kenya, you can dial +254 722 002100 or +254 722 002200.
- Provide the following information to the customer care representative:
- The date and time of the con
- The details of the con, including what happened and who was involved
- The phone number of the person who conned you, if you have it
- Any other information that you think might be helpful
- The customer care representative will take your information and investigate the matter. They will also take steps to protect you from future cons.
You can also report a con to Safaricom anonymously by calling the Ethics hotline at 0800 720 009. This number is free to call from anywhere in Kenya.
When reporting a con, it is important to provide as much information as possible. This will help Safaricom to investigate the matter and take steps to protect you from future cons.
Here are some tips to help you protect yourself from cons:
- Do not give out your personal information to anyone you do not know. This includes your name, address, phone number, or M-Pesa PIN.
- Be suspicious of any unsolicited calls or emails. If someone calls you or sends you an email out of the blue, be careful about providing any personal information.
- Never click on links in unsolicited emails. These links could lead to malicious websites that can infect your computer with malware.
- Use strong passwords and change them regularly. Your passwords should be at least 12 characters long and include a mix of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Be aware of the latest con scams. Safaricom has a website where you can learn about the latest con scams. You can also follow Safaricom on social media for updates on con scams.
By following these tips, you can help to protect yourself from cons.
- How Safaricom Sacco Works
- How Safaricom Pays MPESA Agents
- How Safaricom Mali Works
- How To Have Safaricom Shares
- Does Safaricom Record Calls?
- Do Safaricom Shops Sell iPhones?
- Do Safaricom Shops Sell Laptops?
- How To Disable Caller ID On Safaricom
- Can Safaricom Retrieve Deleted Messages?
- Can Safaricom Track A Lost Phone?
- Are Safaricom Internships Paid?
- Are Safaricom Shops Open on Sundays?
- How To Set Up Safaricom eSIM Apple Watch
- Complete List of Safaricom eSIM Compatible Phones
- Does Safaricom Support eSIM? What You Need To Know